Residential Alternative Treatment Unit
The complete range of Aquarius® ATU’s treat all the wastewater from your home. The wastewater (from wc, kitchen, bathroom and laundry) is treated to current Department of Health WA (DoH WA) standards that allows it to be used for irrigation in garden beds, orchards, etc, or disposed into leach drains, soakwells and aquasafe drains. In addition the O-2NR and O-3 models further treat the water to reduce phosphorous and nitrogen levels and these two ATU models are classified as nutrient retentive which is essential in water catchment areas, environmental sensitive areas and to comply with some local shire requirements.
We offer three models of ATU’s:
- O-3 ATU – with aeration, clarification, nutrient retention(phosphorus and nitrogen reduction) and Ozone disinfection
- O-2NR ATU – with aeration, clarification and nutrient retention (phosphorus and nitrogen reduction)
- O-2 ATU – with aeration and clarification
The main features of the units are:
- All wastewater can be recycled through irrigation into gardens by dripper line, above ground sprinklers (O-3 model only) or into leach drains, soakwells and aquasafe drains.
- Comes complete with irrigation components, electrical components and pumps –nothing extra to buy.
- Fully approved by the Department of Health WA.
- Australian Standards Approved AS/NZS 1546.3
- Nutrient retentive (O-3 ATU & O-2NR ATU only)
- Disinfectionwith Ozone which is many times more effective than chlorine. (O-3 ATU only)
- Low energy use.
- Low maintenance – 2 service calls per year.
The Aquarius® O-3 ATU we believe to be the most environmentally friendly ATU on the market by using Ozone as the final disinfection process. Ozone is many times more effective than chlorine and the by-product of Ozone is Oxygen.
All ATU’s are available in concrete tanks if a trafficable location is required, or if ground conditions dictate.